Zoe And Buddy

CarolO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We lost Zoe after a long battle with chronic kidney disease. She was 18 years old. She was so smart and could communicate so easily with us. We loved her so much that words could not describe. She slept every night with my husband. She was indoor/outdoor and knew just what her limits were. She had no front claws but climbed trees and got onto the top of our house despite this. She was my cat first, but then fell in love with my husband, and wanted nothing to do with me. I didn’t care, I loved her still. He felt as though she was the love of his life, and went to pices when she passed. He is a fisherman and wants her ashes to be spread with his in his favorite fishing place when he passes. We got Buddy when she was about five, to keep her company, and she hated him, always. But he was such a loving cat, he simply put up with her. All he wanted was love and affection from both of us. He lived for love (and food). He slept with me, and unusually for a cat, loved to be squeezed. He always licked my cotton t-shirt (only cotton) and kneaded my side every night. He died suddenly of an unknown heart condition and consequent deadly blot clot, at 11 years old, shortly before Zoe. I miss him so much. We miss them both, they were our family, our beloved children. I am crying now, as both my husband and I do often.

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Losing one cat is painful enough, but two passing away in rapid succession is beyond devastating. Especially when they have been in your life for as long as Zoe and Buddy were with you. After a while you can hardly remember life without them, and having to learn what it's like again is never easy.

It sounds like you gave your babies a wonderful, long life with a loving family, the best gift one can ever give their precious fur children. Hold onto the memories like the cherished treasures the are. May they bring you and your husband peace in this miserable time. :alright::grouphug:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hole they leave in our hearts and our homes when they leave us is all consuming at times. It takes a long time to heal a broken heart and to make a new life's order for ourselves without them in it. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief, our precious memories are all we have to bring us comfort.
You both are so fortunate to have shared your life journey with those two. The kind of love they shared with you does not happen every day, you bonded with their souls, built link by link over the years with the love that grew and was held in your hearts. That love can never be taken from you, it is spiritual, so eternal. You only have to think of them and they will be there. Your memories and love will keep them alive in your heart, they will send what comfort they can to the ones they left behind.
They would be the last ones to want you so sad. You, yourself, would never want that for them if you were the first to go. Go forward into the future with hope and bring the joy back into your lives. Just as you would want them to do. They are at peace now, knowing they were given what they wanted the most in this life...... your love. Celebrate knowing those sweet souls, never meeting them at all would have been unacceptable.
Do something good in their name, it helps to make you feel a little better about life. Donate food and litter to your local shelter, I pay for the adoption of the cat that has been there the longest several times a year to give them a better chance at finding what we all had, a special, treasured love.
My heart goes out to you, thank you fro letting us know of your two precious little ones. They will be thought of and prayed for by many as they so richly deserve. Take care...... RIP dear Zoe and Buddy. You will never be forgotten, you will always be held securely in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
To lose one is hard enough but to lose two is really a heavy weight to carry, I am sorry for your losses. Funny how she seemed to gravitate more towards your husband after awhile, but you loved her still as well as the other one, and how even though they didn't seem to get along you still were a family. Sebastian and Sugar never got along either, but we still were a family like you were. I hope you can deal with the very tough loss and in time I'm sure you will take care of some others in need of a good home.

I hope your hearts heal a bit more each day, it is very tough but you will get better, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Zoe and Buddy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I cannot begin to comprehend the pain of losing two beloved cats in quick succession. My heart with yours. There are just no words right now.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no. I'm so very sorry. I do understand about them being our children, and it's beyond devastating to lose them. I can't imagine losing two in a short period of time like that. My deepest condolences to you both. :hugs: