Ziwipeak trouble?

mikeytown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its made my poor 16 yold cat sick vomiting with bile he was getting better recently diagnosed with cancer lung and im just saw distraught two days hes still not better then i gave him some herbs which probably made things worse ive been advised to stop by tne naturopath vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeytown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ive just had some major problems with kiwipeak my cat was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and became well within the week very active then had kiwipeak and been sick for two days i tried to give hims some herbs but advised to stop till cleared, could my cat be allergic to kelp he probably had 1/4 of big tin, im so upset i had him ok he was just very hungry and was trying to help him with weight had him on the hills urgent care then stopped due to his ravenous appetite. hes just laying in the bathroom chair has eaten though and drank. hes just lying there, he has anemia non reg and been trying to help him wit that too now i need stop after he eats its like he does a funny mouth sound could it be his teeth he has been licking his lips and drooling so i stopped everything

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am sorry your cat is so ill. Vomiting bile is not good. Can you take him to an emergency veterinarian?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS, despite what brought you here. I doubt Ziwipeak (I assume that is what you meant with Kiwipeak) is causing the issue. How was your cat diagnosed, how long ago, and is he being treated other than holistically?

Do you have a vet or specialty vet that has seen your cat? I think you should call them and tell them what is going, and ask for them to make room in their schedule to see him ASAP. If not, then I agree you need to take him to an emergency vet. There is no way to know for sure what is going on, so better to have him looked at sooner rather than later.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Depending on how big the dose of the herbs was, and I think that you are saying it was a quarter of a tin, that could be a large dose of iodine for a cat and this can affect the thyroid, for one.

Was he ever diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which could cause a ravenous appetite?

Were you able to get him to an ER or vet? Your second post indicates some serious symptoms.