Your Biggest Regret

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you would do it over, what would you change. January will be a year since our cat, Speedboat, died. He had once been a housecat, but became an outside one because of hubby's health issues. Anyway, I regret that I didn't take him to bed with me one more time and let him stay there all night. He would have loved it. I miss him so much.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about Speedboat.

My biggest regret is that I wasn't able to save
Lynxx
. I miss him more than anything.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
listening to my family and spending a year of college not doing what I actually wanted to do. It resulted in me getting bad grades, losing my scholarship, and dropping out...
I have decided to go back and only do what I want to do and enjoying my life!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regret is to feel remorse for something. Based on that definition, I don't have any regrets. I've done some good things and bad things. I've made some good choices and some extremely bad ones. But everything in my past has gotten me to where I am today. I'm pretty content with that.

There is one thing I do wish I had done, and that was learn to sing and play a musical instrument. I'm not remorseful over not having done it though.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to regret anything, because everything that has happened in my life has gotten me to where I am today

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also regret what I studied in college. It took me over a year to realize how much I absolutely hate physics, and now I'm paying the price with grad school in finance, rather than getting a paying finance job right away.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't live a regretful life.. but there are things that I wish I had done that make me sad for not having done them. But we have to learn from these things. That is why I set my life on hold to take care of my elderly mom. I can always get a job; I can't go out and get another mother.

But if I did have one fleeting regret... it is not having had any kids. I don't know if I would have been a good mother myself - I am SO impatient and I like my privacy, so maybe it turned out for the best that I remained childless.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's too early in the morning to think about it. Speedboat knew how much you loved him, and that's what counts. Of course you miss him. I don't believe our loved ones, human or nonhuman, are ever completely gone from our lives.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The one thing a truly regret is getting into so much debt that I have to live without my cats and I rarely get to see them

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Regret is to feel remorse for something. Based on that definition, I don't have any regrets. I've done some good things and bad things. I've made some good choices and some extremely bad ones. But everything in my past has gotten me to where I am today. I'm pretty content with that.

There is one thing I do wish I had done, and that was learn to sing and play a musical instrument. I'm not remorseful over not having done it though.
I agree with this 100%!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I try not to regret anything because everything that I've done (or not done, as the case may be) has made me the person I am today.

(But I do now wish that I would have continued to study my piano lessons....and my mother told me I would!)

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I regret not having Harvey still sometimes but then sometimes i know it was the right decision, I just miss him still so much.xx

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I agree, I have a wonderful life and wouldn't be where I am today if not for the choices I made in the past so cannot regret the bad decisions.