Young cat lady enamored

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone! I live in Minneapolis, which has recently been hit by one hell of a storm system. Trees down all over, power out for thousands of people even 3 or 4 days later, and I was really frustrated by the fact that this meant I couldn't hit up my usual suspects for frozen cat food, because their freezers are down.

And then I realized no one wants to hear any more about my cat issues.

So I thought I should probably find some like-minded individuals who don't mind my incessant cat talk. Howdy, folks.

Pia. I don't know her birthday, but it was sometime in fall 2011. I have decided to call it Halloween.

Last edited:

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Lilin! Welcome to the site!

Pearl 

Aw, Pia is adorable! Her homecoming story is fascinating, I bet there will be many more from this sensitive kitty 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Lilin! Welcome to the site!

Pearl 

Aw, Pia is adorable! Her homecoming story is fascinating, I bet there will be many more from this sensitive kitty 
Thank you!

She is adorable. And a strange little shaman kitty, underneath her teenage antics.

When I lost Pearl, it felt like the end of an era. I'll never have that with a cat again. The experience of growing up with them. Having a "partner in crime." And I'll probably never again have a cat who's so "naive," in the sense that she never knew struggle, apart from her health problems. She was born pampered, and was with me from early kittenhood to death. I used to trim her claws by just laying her on her back in my lap, and she'd lay there calmly for the whole thing. She was THAT trusting.

And on Pearl's last day, as I awaited the home visit vet and she was having seizures, that felt like the moment I truly grew up. Like some part of me stayed a kid as long as she was here, but when she needed me for those most terrible of kindnesses, and I had to be strong as I watched her navigate death, I lost that. I also gained more strength than I ever thought I could have. If someone had asked me a year ago if I could hold Pearl while she had seizures and remain focused on comforting her, and then hold her while a vet euthanized her and she died, I would have said, "Absolutely not! I'd have jumped out a window." Well, I was wrong.

I thought to myself, "What could I ever share with any animal that would be that special?"

Something tells me Pia's got something very special in store for me too. Different, but very special. That's the amazing thing about animals. They always manage to surprise you that way.

carylinpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, and welcome. Pia is a beauty, and your story about Pearl brought tears to my eyes, maybe because we just euthanized Thurston a few weeks ago. It's very difficult. BTW, you're a good writer, and I say that as someone who was a sports writer for 25 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, and welcome. Pia is a beauty, and your story about Pearl brought tears to my eyes, maybe because we just euthanized Thurston a few weeks ago. It's very difficult. BTW, you're a good writer, and I say that as someone who was a sports writer for 25 years.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Happy tears, I hope.