Young Cat First Litter Going Absolutely Crazy!

Sarah Meek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have a young Siamese cat in labor, it is her first birth. Sometimes she is calm and wants love but a lot of times shes crazy, tries to get out of my room then tries to get out of the house an down to a friends apartment. If i won't let her out of the house but i let her out of my room she runs around the apartment screaming. Same thing if i leave her in my bedroom she starts screaming. Is this normal for the first time? Is she screaming cause of the labor pains? I've been checking her for several days for discharge and today is the first time i found any. Shes sleeping kind of under my keyboard right now. i'm just worried for her thats all. She lays on my bed a lot should i lay down some old clothes on the answer so that if she wants to she can have them on here? Thank you in advance for the answers and i apologize in advance for my long typing. BTW Her name is Artemis...Goddess of Hunting. I am Sarah but feel free to call me Tasim or Tas.

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome Tas!
Did you get a good look at the discharge? Like what color or how much?
I would suggest keeping her in a confined room that you would like her to go into labor in. Unless you want to be looking all over the apartment for her and her kittens, they can be very good at hiding their new family.
What are the signs that lead you to believe that she is going into labor?
The screaming could be from labor pains.
Have you considered spaying her?
I'm sure there are others who could help more, but that's my take!
Keep us updated!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarah Meek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is probably around 10 or 11 months old. Shes been in labor most of the day it seems but it was only about two hours ago that i noticed the white discharge and i've bee checking about every hour for it. I think she is just scared, i've just never seen a cat in labor running around meowing like crazy like that. Shes calmed down now laying in my lap, the discharge seems to be gone, i'm sure she cleaned it. She just seems exhausted now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture of her?

I agree with keeping her in your room. Put her food, water, and litter in your room too. She absolutely should not go out of the apartment no matter what.

Keep her calm, and make a nest for her. If she wants to have kittens on your bed, spread out towels.

Keep us posted.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter?

She's really young to be having kittens.