You may want to check your computer for Malware

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks AbbysMom. So I got the green screen ...

Thank God but the wording of the 'a okay' message is not clear to a non-tech person like myself. It leaves me with an uneasy feeling where I almost wanna ask if I truly am okay, LOL. (My attachment is a screen shot of what the 'okay' message/green screen looks like. Notice the underlined part in bold black.)

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
250,000 people out of all the people in the world that have internet? I have a better chance of winning the lottery than having caught that DNS Charger virus/trojan/malware.

I do a routine malware check several times per week.I use Firefox and rarely ever get any malware. I also virus scan twice weekly, and empty my tempory internet files twice weekly, and clear almost all of my cookies a few times per week.  So I'm not worried.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Although I got the all-clear, I also downloaded the Windows Defender removal program, installed it on a CD, and have it ready to go if there is a problem.  I did this because the article said that the green all-clear is not 100% accurate, since some ISP's have a program in place to redirect any requests to the bad web address, which is what the checker is looking for.