You know you're old when....

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
when you still make most of your phone calls from a landline
Do you know we can't even get a landline here?There are no lines,did away with them all -People here think a landline is a cordless phone plugged into the wall " wifi".....unless they are our age,lol

I tried very hard to get a real landline-even the service providers here call wifi phone service" landlines"-how crazy is that? It was great having a phone not dependant on whether you have a signal or not!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know we can't even get a landline here?There are no lines,did away with them all -People here think a landline is a cordless phone plugged into the wall " wifi".....unless they are our age,lol

I tried very hard to get a real landline-even the service providers here call wifi phone service" landlines"-how crazy is that? It was great having a phone not dependant on whether you have a signal or not!
My landline comes with my cable server, Spectrum.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My landline comes with my cable server, Spectrum.
Hmmm,Comcast (Xfinity) pretty much has South Florida monopolized for cable- I had a bundle with "free landline " with them..... it was wifi service,I told them I didn't want it " oh but it's free" they said

What's the point ,I have a cell phone that goes wifi as well but if the wifi connection is lost I'll still have a phone using mobile data from cell towers ....this world is way too dependant on wireless connections,its going to backfire one day I'm sure.... give me back good old telephone poles where you could use your phone to report your power outage!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Normally, texting is my go-to for quick questions or a quick comment on something. But my phone has installed a "new" thing that I absolutely hate, when I get a text it has several "suggested responses" and I'll find myself accidentally bumping one and automatically sending it. So if someone texts me some bad news, the stupid auto-response bubble I bump might be something like "LOL" and I have to quickly text them and explain why that response came through. :mad: I'm like, look phone, I know you think I'm a complete moron and maybe I am but even *I* am capable of writing my own responses to the texts I receive....grr.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally, texting is my go-to for quick questions or a quick comment on something. But my phone has installed a "new" thing that I absolutely hate, when I get a text it has several "suggested responses" and I'll find myself accidentally bumping one and automatically sending it. So if someone texts me some bad news, the stupid auto-response bubble I bump might be something like "LOL" and I have to quickly text them and explain why that response came through. :mad: I'm like, look phone, I know you think I'm a complete moron and maybe I am but even *I* am capable of writing my own responses to the texts I receive....grr.
Grrrr,HATE it! The other day my phone updated & suddenly was doing " auto reply'????!!!!!! My cousin didn't feel so great & my phone said ' glad to hear it" and then a girl I really don't want to bother with asked me to join her later and my phone replied " sounds great".. seriously,I didn't "hit" a thing..... Had to go to Metro and they guy turned off " auto response'....... That's absurd,isn't it?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Grrrr,HATE it! The other day my phone updated & suddenly was doing " auto reply'????!!!!!! My cousin didn't feel so great & my phone said ' glad to hear it" and then a girl I really don't want to bother with asked me to join her later and my phone replied " sounds great".. seriously,I didn't "hit" a thing..... Had to go to Metro and they guy turned off " auto response'....... That's absurd,isn't it?
Is this an IPhone or is it Android?