Yes Or No To Flea Medicine On A 5 Month Kitten

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years past I moved into an apartment with fleas. Back in the day of shag rugs ( 40 years?). I found out the second or third day. When I woke up, I sat up on the side of the bed and put my feet on the floor. Within seconds, the fleas started hitting my lower legs. I could feel them hit and occasionally see one.

I tried a spray. didn't work. I should have told management, but I'm an engineer, so I wanted to fix it myself. What finally worked is I bought a canister of Sargent's Flea Powder for Dogs and a carpet rake. I scattered a generous amount on the rug by the bed. then worked it into the rug with the rake. Worked like a champ. No more fleas. What I suspend was the previous renter had owned a dog that would sleep by the bed. That was the only location in the apartment that I found fleas.

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eeeek! That description of fleas on your feet is giving me scratching big time. I haven't been wiping the comb on a white surface, just looked with it held up. If I find them itchy despite the monitoring I will treat!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Yes fleas live in carpets. Some use pulverized dehydration soil for this . ( we used it in the 'old days' before Advantage etc. )
:kitty: