X Ray

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello is there anyone who can read a cat x ray please?
Many thanks :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
We aren't vets and can't diagnose your cat. Members do post xrays from time to time; however, if your vet took an xray of your cat they really need to interpret it for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I think the vet inturpreted it wrongly.
The cat has breathing issues I wondered if the x ray shows an issue in the left lung. Not sure myself as I cant read x rays

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is a possibility that the vet misinterpreted the x-ray, and that is why most of us here would do an even lousier job. My cat had x-rays done due to some odd breathing, and the vet thought they saw fluid in and around the lungs as well as an enlarged heart. It took a second set of x-rays by a specialty group (internal med vet) to determine that the way she was laying made it appear her heart was enlarged but it was not. The 'fluid' was deemed not to be fluid, but they couldn't rule out a minor degree of asthma. Since she had no other symptoms, she was not put on any meds.

What is going on with your cat, and how old is s/he?

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. Is your cat any better? I hope so.
We have aquired our cat. She is about 11. We were told she needed an op for a diaphamatic hernia which she didnt actually need. Sadly the vet oppened her up unnecessarily. She still has breathing issues. We are waiting for swab results. It seems some vets do not listen to their owners which can cause unnnesesary distress for the animal.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I will :)
I have the x-ray copies.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree about possibly getting a second opinion with the x-rays you have, but be forewarned, some vets want to do their own x-rays if they don't think the quality of the initial ones are 'good enough'. The operation notes and anything else that was included in that should also be available to you for a second opinion consult as well. What was taken for the swab, and what is being looked for? That too, is yours to have. The other thing to ask is what can present as a diaphamatic hernia, but not be the problem.

Feeby still has fast breathing, off and on throughout the day - mostly in the morning. She has since been diagnosed with hypertension, but I don't think that is related, as her blood pressure was 'normal' when the fast breathing first started.

I hope you can get a second opinion via consult - maybe that will shed some light on things. Feeby also had an echocardiogram and electrocardiography just to further check out her heart function. Those are things, that hopefully, have already been done on your cat, but if not, don't be surprised that they are recommended.

Keep us posted, please.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree about possibly getting a second opinion with the x-rays you have, but be forewarned, some vets want to do their own x-rays if they don't think the quality of the initial ones are 'good enough'. The operation notes and anything else that was included in that should also be available to you for a second opinion consult as well. What was taken for the swab, and what is being looked for? That too, is yours to have. The other thing to ask is what can present as a diaphamatic hernia, but not be the problem.

Feeby still has fast breathing, off and on throughout the day - mostly in the morning. She has since been diagnosed with hypertension, but I don't think that is related, as her blood pressure was 'normal' when the fast breathing first started.

I hope you can get a second opinion via consult - maybe that will shed some light on things. Feeby also had an echocardiogram and electrocardiography just to further check out her heart function. Those are things, that hopefully, have already been done on your cat, but if not, don't be surprised that they are recommended.

Keep us posted, please.
Thank you, good advice :)
I asked for antibiotics for her as I knew she had infection due to her presentation symptoms and blood test results. Vet refused antibiotics. Turns out the cat has the worst kind of infection there can be ( vets words) apparently our cat will have to be on antibiotics for weeks. We await the result of the type of infection she has.
We nearly lost her during the op, due to her infection no doubt.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Keep us posted, please.
Has Feeby improved at all?
Have you changed her diet?
Ive got our cat on some b vits and probiotics.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has Feeby improved at all? Have you changed her diet? Ive got our cat on some b vits and probiotics.
Thanks for asking! Feeby is 18+ yo and has quite a number of health issues. Most of them are being treated with meds and supplements. I won't belabor you with a list of either, as I cannot imagine any of them apply in your case. Feeby's only heart related issue at this time appears to be hypertension. Nothing was ever found to explain her off-n-on fast breathing, and until something else 'appears', we have let that go.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking! Feeby is 18+ yo and has quite a number of health issues. Most of them are being treated with meds and supplements. I won't belabor you with a list of either, as I cannot imagine any of them apply in your case. Feeby's only heart related issue at this time appears to be hypertension. Nothing was ever found to explain her off-n-on fast breathing, and until something else 'appears', we have let that go.
Thats a good age, she is clearly loved and looked after very well :)