Wrong sex breeding rights

dotcomco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I purchased a what I thought was a female cat with breeding rights, it turned out he sent me a male. The breeding rights cost me 1,000.00 . I will have to have the cat neutered as I don't have a female and I can't afford one (IPurchased a male from another breeder) now I have 2 males. The breeder who sent the wrong sex said I had to return the cat for a female or purchase another cat from him but will not refund my money for the breeding rights. What can I do because I would rather spend the money and get an attorney then to purchase another cat from him. I think I was scammed.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What does your contract say? If your contract was for a female with breeding rights, you should be able to send the male back and get a female with the breeding rights.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, a switch off the cats is the most natural solution, and its probably / hopefully what the breeder meant.

In Sweden your problem would be less, because here its common stud owners arent breeders, we do lend out the stud services (for some fee of course).
And thus, 3 of 4 of our resident were such "hire swords". Of course, with close cooperation with the network of breeders in our breed.

Another mark, is its not sure the breeder did make a serious mistake. Sometimes its not easy to see... It even befell one of our grandchldren, Alef got to be renamend into Alfa - The fairly experienced breeder didnt noticed this; it was the last vet check up immediately before the sale whom discovered this... (yes, the buyer accepted the change, and Alfa did got a litter or two)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I purchased a what I thought was a female cat with breeding rights, it turned out he sent me a male. The breeding rights cost me 1,000.00 . I will have to have the cat neutered as I don't have a female and I can't afford one (IPurchased a male from another breeder) now I have 2 males. The breeder who sent the wrong sex said I had to return the cat for a female or purchase another cat from him but will not refund my money for the breeding rights. What can I do because I would rather spend the money and get an attorney then to purchase another cat from him. I think I was scammed.
I think you can exchange this cat for a girl, just work it out with the breeder.