woven baskets and ringworm

AnnNadine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I posted in May about ringworm. Thanks for all your support. Unfortunately it is back. I am a bit stressed. I don't know what I did wrong - I bleached the floors,walls, used quat disinfecting chemicals in the laundry every day. Had the downstairs carpet and 2 couches professional steam cleaned and still it is back. I spent hundreds of dollars on micfroban,chlorox wipes, Odoban, etc. I don't know how it came back
I have 3 gorgeous woven baskets that a dear departed friend gave me. I don't want to throw them out. How do I disinfect them.
ALSO, one of the cats made it's way into my closet--how do I disinfect all the stuff in there (a lot of clothes) would a fogger work in the closet?
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Best Regards,
Ann

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Can you ask the professional cleaners if they have any suggestions about the baskets? They may not be able to do the cleaning, but they may have some ideas. Years ago with a quilt that had developed mildew and was too heavy to dry clean or wash, I was told to hang it outside in the sun and keep spraying it with lysol. I realize that you may not want to do that with the baskets for a couple of reasons.

There is one product which I have heard of, SaniGuard, but never used and have never known anyone who did. It claims to be a fogger that kills ringworm. What the safety precautions are I am not sure although they claim that it is safe around pets, "around" being the operative word. It is not clear to me how "around" they mean. I wonder if your vet knows anything about foggers and their effectiveness.

SaniGuard® Total Release

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnNadine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much! I will ask my vet.
Best,
Ann