Wound?

alejandravargas928

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning everyone new here! I have 2 mini panthers one is 1 year and the other is 11 months. They are both only indoor cats!!!! A few days ago my daughter notice a wound/sore on the youngest cats face by the side of his mouth we though maybe it’s a scratch from the cats playing but Yesterday I noticed a wound/ sore on my youngest cats face by the side of his mouth looks worse, just needed some opinions on what it could be?

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be any number of things. Can you email the pictures to the vet for a quick assessment? The vet may want to look at the wound in person so schedule an appointment now and be prepared to wait a few weeks to be seen as many vets are booked weeks in advance these days. If the wound gets worse before the appointment, call and see if you can be seen earlier.

I wouldn't put anything on the wound since it's so close to the mouth and the cat will lick stuff off. The only thing you could try to apply and is safe to use is a bit of chammomile tea. Buy a box from the supermarket and brew according to directions. Let cool and dab at the wound. The tea is supposed to have a calming effect on inflammation