Would You Buy This Robot Cleaning Ball?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw this posted on another web site: Mocoro Robot Cleaning Ball | FIREBOX

It's a microfiber covered ball shaped robot that dusts your floors. It also can double as a cat toy. There's a video on the site that shows the robot in action. No cat, though. The music is annoying so one might want to mute it.

Would you buy the robot just as a cat toy? ;) Do you think your cat would play with it or hide from it?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. I think that Jasmine would hide from it, for a while, and then decide that it's the best toy ever.
  2. I don't buy cat toys that cost ~$40. If I had that kind of money I wouldn't be trying to make a cat tree for Jasmine.
Margret

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. I wouldn't buy it. I don't see it actually doing much. If I did have one, the cats would pay attention to it for about 5 minutes and then never look at it again.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It reminds me of the "weasel ball" that used to be sold in toy stores and novelty shops. We have one of those and the cats are unimpresssed. It has a loud motor - if it was quieter I think they would like it more. I think the version you asked about is very pricey. I would check out the company's return policy in case your cat doesn't care for it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It reminds me of the "weasel ball" that used to be sold in toy stores and novelty shops. We have one of those and the cats are unimpresssed. It has a loud motor - if it was quieter I think they would like it more. I think the version you asked about is very pricey. I would check out the company's return policy in case your cat doesn't care for it.
We have a weasel ball too. The cats looked at it for a few minutes and then ignored it. Yes, it is loud.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just for dusting the floor, the price is pretty high. One can just put the phone / gadget down, pick up a microfiber mop or Swiffer (neither of which cost anywhere near the robot) and push it around the floor to get the dust bunnies. Bonus, you get in a little exercise :walk: A robot floor duster would be helpful for the elderly or disabled and others who have difficulty pushing a mop or Swiffer around :think: The robot being a potential cat toy is just an extra bonus.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you buy the robot just as a cat toy? ;) Do you think your cat would play with it or hide from it?
.., pick up a microfiber mop or Swiffer (neither of which cost anywhere near the robot) and push it around the floor to get the dust bunnies. ...
A cat toy for my cat:

Robot = No

A Swiffer = definitely