Would a feral cat do this?

MsCallieCoe.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello-

This is my first post here. I have questions about feral cats, since I have little experience with cats in general, as I am allergic.

Anyway, this past May, I awoke to a dead mouse on the door mat to my sliding door. I quickly dispatched it and went about my day. I just thought it was kind of odd, but forgot about it. A few days later, I see this calico cat in front of the same patio door, stretching her head as if trying to get a view into the kitchen. I thought she was someone's cat just being nosey, but I saw her ear had been tipped. So, I knew she was a feral cat. I opened up my door to see what her reaction was. She ran away a short distance, but kept watching me. We had a can of tuna, so I some out for her in a bowl, along with some fresh water. She ate what I put out, took a nap on my deck and left. Well, she's never really left! 😄 But I am not complaining.

We have been feeding her cat food since that day and have bought her a little house for the winter that we have insulated with mylar, straw and a self-heating pad. She mostly stays in our yard, but also leaves for a day or two. We've named her Callie, because we're so creative. /s

My husband thinks the mouse was from her, but I am wondering if it was just coincidence. Here is Callie napping in her house. 💓

IMG_2270.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Thank you so much for taking on the care of Callie.

As for the mouse, if she brought it to you now, I'd say for sure it was a gift from her to thank you for feeding her and giving her that cute little house. But I still bet it was from her, maybe leaving you a gift in the hopes she could win your attention and affection.
Clearly it worked. :petcat: :hearthrob:

poolcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks so cozy in her little house.... lucky kitty to have found you!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Callie is beautiful! Clearly, she considers you part of her clowder and is doing her part to provide for the family. Your shelter looks awesome. Congratulations to all members of Team Callie :)