Worried for the kittens…

Mushandthefamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for helping me with all my questions recently!!
We caught an elusive female last night. Overjoyed we finally got her, we packed her up immediately to take her to the holding area for the clinic transportation the next morning. We did look underneath the trap to seen if I can see a wet belly or something to see if she’s nursing. Other than just one nipple visible, I saw nothing else. Today at noon, clinic called and told me she’s actively nursing and we can pick her up today at 6. She’s be released at 6:30. That’s 24 hours she was away from her babies. Clinic said they’d be ok. But I’m worried 😔😔😔

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’d be worried too. Try looking for them. If it’s been 24 hours they will be hungry and hopefully/ not hopefully making noise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mushandthefamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tried looking after I got the call, and couldn’t find the nest 😔

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is only anecdotal, but I have been in this situation twice over the years with ferals. No need to go into the stories, but in both cases the mother was reunited with the kittens (who had been missing her for more than 24 hours) and were fine.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think this happens to everyone working with ferals for any length of time. It’s happened to me too, and I felt awful about it. Kittens were fine.