Worried for Murph

tparrish97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.

I’m new to this site, but recently I’ve noticed these bumps on the bridge of my cats nose.

He’s about 2 1/2, and I don’t think I’ve noticed them before.

They seem to be hard and not flexible, making me think they could be a scab either from himself or from possible ear mites he’s had for a little.

But them protruding from the skin makes me kind of nervous. He sneezes a decent bit, but I think he has allergies/there is smoke and dirt in the house consistently, so I don’t know if they are related.

He still acts normal, behaves normal, full appetite, all that good stuff.

I would like a second opinion because I’m going to keep scaring myself without others weighing in, unless I take him to the vet (which I should)

Please let me know!

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS.

If you want to feel reassured, a vet visit is what you need.

I think I see sort of a tiny scab on his nose, or a lesion where his fur is missing. It might be a mycosis, a fungus. If it's a fungus, your vet might advise you a specific product to apply on the spot or to give him orally for a few weeks.

If you think that the sneezing started with the scab you see, you might ask your vet to inspect his nostrils and see if something of any kind is growing inside. In the worst case it might be a polyp or a mass, but it's rather uncommon in cats. I tell you this because I had an experience of this kind with the cat in my avatar.
Do you think he's making a noise when he's breathing, like his nose is stuffed?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried zooming in, but I lost quality. I think I see a slight possible injury, but if something there is bothering him, he might well have scratched at it. I'd give the vet a call. Just to be safe. You'll sleep better knowing you are doing everything possible for your baby.