Worried about docs appointment

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I injured both of my knees when I was about 17 and had very early onset arthritis in both of them. What keeps them going is the right type of exercise for the condition (I am banned from anything involving steps) and keeping my weight under control. You'll probably need to do strengthening exercises the rest of your life if it is arthritis. It's easy to do and I know immediately if I start to slack.

Let us know how the physio goes!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

i spoke to physio who is sending excerises out
Honestly Ash, if you make sure you do them when they say you will start to feel a difference.

This is nearly week one of doing my new excercises and i can really feel a difference!. I do mine at night after i've been in a warm bath, but she said if i can do any extra ones it's even better, so i sit at my desk at work doing a few when were having a coffee and a chat

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Actually that really depends on how great the damage in an area is and if there's active inflammation. If too much of either, exercising and stretching often aren't enough to help and a good physical therapist really won't want to touch you until inflammation is better under control - to avoid the risk of causing more damage of course.

I had it for my back, for that it actually helped. The PT I had for my SI joint didn't. The inflammation will still too high in that area and I would just end up too sore to even move two hours after a session - for that it just took time to get the inflammation under control and most of the day to day pain went away.