Wish us luck... NYC to TN tomorrow with the catchildren!

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey all! We're off for our Thanksgiving vacation with Harvey and Crumb to see their Nana and Poppa tomorrow in the hills of middle Tennessee. Long car ride ahead... both of them have made the trip with us before (This is Crumb's 4th trip!) but always good to have so vibes coming our way. One time, Crumb started meowing around the Tennessee border and didn't stop until after Knoxville. 

They'll have their litterbox, leashes and harnesses, food and water in the backseat floorboard, and their carrier to sleep in. And we'll have talk radio podcasts to keep us going! They're the BEST for long roadtrips!

I'll try to pop in when I can... I can't stay off my laptop too long. 

Travelling in style this summer... they usually sleep the whole way, almost.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy!  That's a good 3 hours of meowing!  DH and I honeymooned in Pigeon Forge and we've vacationed there since too.  DH is originally from TN. 

I hope you have a safe, easy and quiet trip!  We were just down that way the weekend that we got all that snow.  Fortunately we missed most of it.  Driving through the rain was much better!  We only hit some slushy roadway when we were high in the mountains and then we saw snow; but the roads were clear on 81.  I was VERY thankful!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Sounds like you know what you are doing to make sure they are comfortable, Have a great trip and Thanksgiving!
Just in case you need them

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.  It sounds like they're fantastic travelers!  Sending vibes!  Have a wonderful trip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're here! :)

They did great. They always are a little uncomfortable when I drive through Manhattan, so we kept them locked in the cat carrier until we got onto the interstate in New Jersey. Crumb claimed the carrier as his sleeping spot, and Harvey tried to share it with him, but he's getting so big and long that he couldn't get comfy. So he then tried on top of the carrier, on top of the litter box, on the passenger's lap, in between the seats, and suddenly he disappeared for a while. We assumed he found a spot to get comfy. After a while he came back into my lap as passenger, I pet him... and found poo on his side. I realized he had decided the most comfy spot was INSIDE the litter box. 
 So I wetwiped him off and made sure to scoop the box at the next rest area. 

They're doing great here at the house. My parent's 3 year old indoor snowshoe, Butter, actually crossed the rainbow bridge this week rather unexpectedly (the front door didn't shut all the way, and he slipped out without them knowing it. Unfortunately, he then crossed paths with the local bobcat overnight.) so they're still in a bit of mourning, so I think having the kitties here is a welcome distraction. Crumb was always a bit afraid of Butter, so it is working in his favor. He's afraid of most new people and cats. 
 They keep looking for Butter, but since they don't find him, it's made both of them more confident. Trying to put a nice spin on a pretty awful situation.

And of course... pictures. 

And Harvey turns 6 months old tomorrow! How time flies...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I missed vibes for the trip, but seems they didn't need it! :clap: They are just such GOOD BOYS and are TOO CUTE! :lol3:

I'm so sorry to hear about Butter. :rbheart: But glad the boys are helping heal broken hearts. :heart3:

So how long are you staying, and when are you returning? :D

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww!  Glad to hear they did so good!! 

I'm sorry to hear about Butter too.  I hope your parents can find some comfort in sunggles with your sweet boys!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I, also, missed the vibes for a good trip :lol3:. But - so darn proud of your furbabies for doing so well!!!! How cute they are too :D :D :clap::clap::clap::clap:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After a while he came back into my lap as passenger, I pet him... and found poo on his side. I realized he had decided the most comfy spot was INSIDE the litter box. :nausea:  
I have to say... that is the funniest emoticon I've seen here. :lol3:

And, yay for a good trip!! :clap:

RIP, Butter. :rbheart: