Wire Cube Enclosure

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used wire cube shelves to make cages where I have kept kittens. I like them because you can pull them apart and use them for other things and the cages are cheaper and larger than a kennel. I am going to try and catch a small feral mother and her kittens. The problem I have with using the cubes is making the door strong. With kittens I just used binder clips to hold the door closed. That worked fine because kittens aren't that strong. But with a feral cat I need something stronger. I hold the cage together with zip ties, but for the door I don't want to have to keep cutting zip ties to open and close it. Any idea's for the door?

How to build your own catio from Cat and Caboodle

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Toy dog collars with strong clips? We've got a dog at the shelter that can open any door or gate and have been using small collars to keep the gates closed because we're not allowed to lock them (fire ordinance).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toy dog collars with strong clips? We've got a dog at the shelter that can open any door or gate and have been using small collars to keep the gates closed because we're not allowed to lock them (fire ordinance).
That sounds good, worth a try. Thanks. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small dog leash clips. You can get them at a hardware store, not attached to a leash ;). At least 2, on the top and bottom, maybe one in the middle for extra security.

I think carabiners will give too much slack and you'd have to wrap a collar around the wire several times and that would be a pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small dog leash clips. You can get them at a hardware store, not attached to a leash ;). At least 2, on the top and bottom, maybe one in the middle for extra security.
Yes, I think that will work, thanks!