Winter Wonderland

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many inches of snow did you guys get? We got 15 inches so far, and it's still snowing really hard. Luna's in the window watching it, and pawing the window trying to get it. I carried Midnight over to the window so he could see. He didn't really react, just sat in my arms watching. Maybe if he still didn't have to have the cone collar on. He'd have been able to see more of it.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We got about a foot of snow here - really heavy, wet stuff. It took us about two hours to dig out. (At one point, we saw two of our cats staring out the window at us; they seemed very curious about what we were doing. Too bad they can't handle a shovel!) After all that hard work, I predict I will sleep very soundly tonight!

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

It's forever snowing here. On average, I get about 9 feet of snow a year.
Well...just so long as you don't get it all at once!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The news just announced here that 49 states actually have snow on the ground right now.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by motoko9

Well...just so long as you don't get it all at once!
No, through the period November to April. Thanks to the great lakes, we get a lot of snow. One of the biggest snows we had, was a late November in the late 90's. A huge 3 day lake effect event that dumped 6 feet of snow during that time. Thunder and lighting was also common during that snow.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

A huge 3 day lake effect event that dumped 6 feet of snow during that time. Thunder and lighting was also common during that snow.
That must have been a really interesting snow storm! I only ever saw lightning during a snow storm once.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

The news just announced here that 49 states actually have snow on the ground right now.
Yeah, I heard that too. The only state to not have snow is Florida! Yep, even Hawaii got snow. Go figure. Guess I have to change my retirement plan.

We've been lucky so far this year (knock on wood) as we've only gotten a few inches at a time. Of course, after last winter I'm not complaining! Now that I've just jinx us though, I'm sure we will be in for it.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Yeah, I heard that too. The only state to not have snow is Florida! Yep, even Hawaii got snow. Go figure. Guess I have to change my retirement plan.