Will You Be Watching The Super Bowl?

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So,I pulled over just now(blown trailer tire,waiting for road service)and the first thing I do is get online to check out the movie trailer for the new star wars flick coming out in may. The trailer for SOLO was shown during the super bowl. I can't wait...since I know the whole story of Han and Chewy from the books.

Oh yeah,congrats to the eagles for beating a dynasty team!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to all Eagle fans! A great game!:dazzler::woo::banana1::bunnydance:
I didn't go that far, but Robert prudently stayed upstairs while I watched. He's not a football fan and wouldn't know a quarterback from a field goal. I must admit the neighbors probably heard me all the way to the far end of the block. I tend to be a bit vocal. At one point I was so overwrought I could hardly stand to watch later in the fourth quarter. Robert quickly realized his mistake when he popped in during the last two minutes. He started to ask what was happening but fled when I gave him The Glare, but only a brief one because my attention and my eyes were firmly on the game.

I do confess the 65" OLED LG TV was worth the investment in this case. It felt like I was right on the field without getting beaten up. This was one game where the fans on both sides got their money's worth.

I was completely unimpressed with the halftime show. It was mostly noise. What little I could hear of Justin Timberlake sounded like he was being gelded with a chainsaw. The dancing looked more like mass muscle spasms.

The commercials this year were, for the vast majority, utterly boring. The only ones that I really paid attention to were the fake commercials that turned out to be for Tide and the Crocodile Dundee parody that was really a blurb for Australian tourism. No Budweiser Clydesdales, either. Even Doritos let me down.

Still and all, I'd probably have joined Rick in dancing about in the yard if I could have - as long as it was warm and there were no snow!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was completely unimpressed with the halftime show. It was mostly noise. What little I could hear of Justin Timberlake sounded like he was being gelded with a chainsaw.
I like Justin Timberlake, but man the sound quality was awful on that.

The commercials this year were, for the vast majority, utterly boring.
My favorite was the one with the Giants players recreating Dirty Dancing.

Oh yeah,congrats to the eagles for beating a dynasty team!
A dynasty team with a bad defense. :agree: When your QB sets a Super Bowl passing record and you still lose, it's an issue.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
HOLY CRAP!

My husband is out in the the front yard, yelling "YES! YES, BABY YES!" :lol:

FLY, EAGLES, FLY!
Tell Rick, Congratulations!!

I am not a football fan; however 5 minutes into the game; I said to Artie, "This is going to be an upset". I could just tell..

Winchester Winchester , thought of calling you/Rick on the phone, but did not have your telephone number!! :lolup:

Again, Congrats!!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I didn't go that far, but Robert prudently stayed upstairs while I watched. He's not a football fan and wouldn't know a quarterback from a field goal. I must admit the neighbors probably heard me all the way to the far end of the block. I tend to be a bit vocal. At one point I was so overwrought I could hardly stand to watch later in the fourth quarter. Robert quickly realized his mistake when he popped in during the last two minutes. He started to ask what was happening but fled when I gave him The Glare, but only a brief one because my attention and my eyes were firmly on the game.

I do confess the 65" OLED LG TV was worth the investment in this case. It felt like I was right on the field without getting beaten up. This was one game where the fans on both sides got their money's worth.

I was completely unimpressed with the halftime show. It was mostly noise. What little I could hear of Justin Timberlake sounded like he was being gelded with a chainsaw. The dancing looked more like mass muscle spasms.

The commercials this year were, for the vast majority, utterly boring. The only ones that I really paid attention to were the fake commercials that turned out to be for Tide and the Crocodile Dundee parody that was really a blurb for Australian tourism. No Budweiser Clydesdales, either. Even Doritos let me down.

Still and all, I'd probably have joined Rick in dancing about in the yard if I could have - as long as it was warm and there were no snow!
100% agree!! I am sure my neighbors heard my hollering and yelling too. If I had empty beer cans they would have flown to the tv at them. Jon was asleep for the last half and I fell asleep at the end of 3rd quarter. Going to find the 4th quarter on Youtube to holler some more.

Yep defense SUCKED for the pats. Didn't they bench Buttler for some illness? I wonder if they would have been better with him out there.

The Eagles defense was impressive. They reminded me of a human tank machine-plowing through 3 or 4 guys before getting taken down-I thought that was impressive.

in the 2nd quarter the guy who did that big jump over the other guy was impressive. Pats had the ball and he vaulted over an eagles guy.
At 2:52

There were some great plays in the game! Too bad the Pats couldn't keep the ball!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The discussion at work today---coming from Eagles fans!---was that there was one play they made that should have been called out. I wouldn't know what I was looking at even if I could find the play online, but he said that at one point the player got fumbly but they still called it a touchdown. Eh.

People were paying $6000-$8000 for tickets! One of my co-worker's friends was waiting around outside the stadium refreshing his StubHub app waiting for the price to drop, and bought a ticket a few minutes after the game started for $2700 and thought he got a great deal! I don't understand that kind of fandom. And where do they find the money?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
in the 2nd quarter the guy who did that big jump over the other guy was impressive. Pats had the ball and he vaulted over an eagles guy.
Brandin Cooks. He got knocked out of the game not too long after that on a helmet to helmet hit.

The discussion at work today---coming from Eagles fans!---was that there was one play they made that should have been called out. I wouldn't know what I was looking at even if I could find the play online, but he said that at one point the player got fumbly but they still called it a touchdown. Eh.
Yep. :agree: There was another that was questionable also. All of the people that scream every week that the Pats pay off the refs and it's the only way they win are pretty quiet today. ;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I don't know why anyone would pay that W Willowy personally that's 3 to 4 months of house payments which is more important than some 3 hour game. :sigh:

I wouldn't pay more than 100 to go to a concert but these people drop $1000 like it's nothing...and if their pet gets ill they will come on here looking for home remedies instead of paying the $50 to get the pet looked at..don't get me started! :hmmm:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We have some friends who always throw a Superbowl party... and it's always fun and a little rowdy. Hostess was dissin' on Brady the whole time, and we had little flags that we'd throw at each other for particularly nasty (but funny) comments, or y'know, for general principal.

There "fumbly" touchdown was tricky, but he broke the plane with the ball before the fumble, and then regained possession of it. So.

The funniest play had to have been the one where one player was caught by another in the middle of a jump... almost looked like a really ungraceful ballet move, lol.

It did turn out to be a pretty nail biting game there for the 4th quarter, which always makes things - interesting. I'm pretty sure the entire condo complex knew who we were rooting for, lol.

I have to agree with the halftime show. Lady Gaga did better.
And the commercials... bleh.