Will The Mother Come Back For Her Baby?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw a baby kitten outside, incredibly tiny. Shes outside my yard crying. My nieghbor who loves cat told me shes probably between 30-40 days old. Shes so sweet and followed me around as i looked around for her mother.

I dont know what to do, i dont have any cat baby milk, no money, and i cannot adopt her. I have 2 cats and am staying in my brothers home. i cannot bring in any more cats.

Will the kitten be okay on her own? will the mom come back?

Winniethebullet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would keep an eye on the kitten. If the mom doesn't come back it could mean that she was killed or wasn't able to care for the kitten anymore. If the kittens mom doesnt come within 2-3 days I would bring her into the shelter. She is so young to be out in the wild withought her mom...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep an eye on the kitten. If the mom doesn't come back it could mean that she was killed or wasn't able to care for the kitten anymore. If the kittens mom doesnt come within 2-3 days I would bring her into the shelter. She is so young to be out in the wild withought her mom...
okay, i will do that. i was just reading online that some mother cats wont go near the kitten with humans around.

felt so bad leaving her alone outside. i left her a box with a blanket, but shes just hanging around the back door. waiting for me. :oops:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
terestrife terestrife

Please bring her in for the night and feed her. She is frightened and hungry.

If she is unable to eat wet cat food yet, water down some milk for her (50-50). If she has not learned to lap, feed her with a dropper or a syringe.

Tomorrow you can get her to a shelter.

Can you post a picture of her?

Thank you for caring!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the owners randomly appeared. lol they told me they have to have her outside because they have a toddler and they are struggling to potty train the cat.

i dont think they know much about kittens, now i worry that i didnt question them about how they feed her. they do seem to care for the cat, as they were out looking for her at 10pm. it was a mom, a little girl, and a toddler in a stroller.

if i happen to see them again, i will find out more about the kitten.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
terestrife terestrife

Please bring her in for the night and feed her. She is frightened and hungry.

If she is unable to eat wet cat food yet, water down some milk for her (50-50). If she has not learned to lap, feed her with a dropper or a syringe.

Tomorrow you can get her to a shelter.

Can you post a picture of her?

Thank you for caring!
IMG-20171001-WA0023.jpeg IMG-20171001-WA0016.jpeg IMG-20171001-WA0018.jpeg

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please bring the kitten inside and feed her tonight. She can eat solid food.

She can't be left alone outside. Can you talk to her owners again?
they took her home a few hours ago. they are a neighbor from across the street

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! It was a miracle that the little tiny was not killed or injured. I would hope that they would educate themselves on kittens, who self-train to use the box instinctively. I have seen them have confusion when there is a young human child whose urine smells have been deposited inappropriately. Also, scented litter is brutal on tiny noses and can irritate their rear end to the point of diarrhea.
I hope and pray that the kitten is okay. If this keeps happening, the kitten needs to find a better placement.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they continue to leave the kitten outside like that it's chances of survival are not very good. It's too young to fend for itself. It might be kinder to catch it and work with a rescue group to get it adopted.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they continue to leave the kitten outside like that it's chances of survival are not very good. It's too young to fend for itself. It might be kinder to catch it and work with a rescue group to get it adopted.
dont worry, if the kitten comes to my yard again that is what i plan to do. i havent seen her since and ive been home all day.