Will I ever learn about that Habanero sauce?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted before about how the habanero sauce that I love really cleaned out my sinuses.

You think that I would have learned my lesson after that, but no. This morning I had a bagel with fat free (why bother) cream cheese. I them proceeded to sprinkle the habanero sauce over the cream cheese and then put on that really tasty sweet hot strawberry/habanero spread that my Secret Santa, Jacky, sent me. Tasted

I went to Zumba class after eating this as a late breakfast. I walked out of class - after it was over- and threw up (in the bathroom, luckily).

So, the Habanero sauce works great as a sinus clearing medicine, the Spicy Sweet spread, is
but not extremely
but will someone, please remind me that the effect of the two together was most definitely not a satisfying culinary experience.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet you will never do taht again lol.
When I tasted the sauces they had it with cream cheese on crackers.
I bought a blueberry one for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I bet you will never do taht again lol.
When I tasted the sauces they had it with cream cheese on crackers.
I bought a blueberry one for me.
Yeah, the sauces are good like that and I love mine. It was just me adding a little bit of that habanero sauce. Well, maybe a little more than little, like 20 drops to one half.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does this always happen when you eat anything with habaneros? What happens with other chili peppers?

There is such a thing as capsaicin intolerance. The common effects from it are nausea, vomiting, and headache/migraine. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't looking up stuff on capsaicin sensitivity - I'm not intolerance, but I am very sensitive to it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosemary, we know you are a spicy mama, but you don't need all that sauce to be even spicier!!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ That's cute.

How about changing your user title to "spicy mama" instead of the default top cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spicy Mama - you guys are so cute!

I think that I might have to tell RigZ that my new name would be La Mama quiÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]n una mujer muy picante. I might have to check that with him.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

but will someone, please remind me that the effect of the two together was most definitely not a satisfying culinary experience.
I think you'll be reminded plenty the next time you have a bowel movement!