Why Won’t My Cat Stop Biting Me?!

Starequalsgood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve had my cat for 15 years, I raised him since he was a kitten before his eyes were even open (his mother was hit by a car). He has been the most affectionate loving animal I’ve ever had and he’s like my shadow always following me and has to be near me. Out of nowhere lately he just started attacking me on a daily basis. He will be fine one minute and the next he’s grabbing onto my hand and biting me. This cat has never shown any type of aggression towards me ever. Sometimes if I push him away he just has a super angry look on his face and he just keeps coming after me. What the heck is going on with him? Do cats go senile?!

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi there! I'm so sorry. It must be a little scary to have that happen! My guess would be that he might be in pain, especially if it is so out of the blue. Have you taken him to the vet? My silly answer is "you probably taste good" but that's only to make you laugh a little. I hope everything works out. :-)

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Any time a senior cat has a significant change in behavior you want to have him checked by the vet and have a senior cat blood panel run. My first thought is that something is painful on him and that is causing him to be aggressive. But yes, senior cats to get “senile”, but usually it involves confusion, breaking litter habits or howling. A good discussion to have with your vet though,