Why hasn't my cat given birth yet??

Nilufer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was with Tom on June 10, which means it has been 64 days and she has not yet given birth, although her 2 babies are healthy and moving inside her stomach, and I see this with my own eyes
But it's late, is that normal?!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i just looked it up and it said 63-65 days is normal

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so excited for you!!! i remember the birth of my vincie girl's babies, she had 5!!!

emocatowner

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it's her first, it can be even longer. I remember reading that it can be up to 70 days. But it's definitely the time to keep a close eye on her, and if you see anything at all worrisome, to talk to your vet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, as the others said, so far its perfectly normal, you have several days more to go before its time to worry...

With only 2 kittens she probably isnt very big, so when she "drops" a day before delivery, it probably wont be much visible... Still, for most
caretakers / owners its a good situation to get a count.

The waiting game isnt no fun...

Just to prepare as well you can, relax and wait. :)

Ps. If she accept a friendly mild rubbing of belly do so. Its nice, and its a good massage, which even helps things going somewhat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The main thing is, if she is acting normal, not pacing, meowing, acting stressed, etc., everything is normal. so hopefully either her pregnancy happened at a later time, or she is just taking longer. I know it seems like forever, but remain calm and feed her kitten food to build her strength up and give her a good milk supply. They use a tremendous amount of strength in nursing. I have also read that it can be up to 70 days. so be calm, and keep her that way too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nilufer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 4 days old and will be 5 days old in a few hours I was surprised this morning that one eye is open! Isn't it too early for that? His eyes were a little moist, what is the reason for that? Please advise me,
thank you

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, kittens can open their eyes as early as 5 days. They need to stay in low light the first 3 weeks though. Do gently wipe the eyes with a soft warm damp cloth to keep them clean for now.