Why has my cat stopped eating all of a sudden?

Nicnic902

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, our puss, is obviously pregnant, not sure how far along but 3 weeks ago her stomach started swelling and now she’s gone huge, waddling around, just really restless and sleeping a lot. She’s lost a fair bit of hair around only 4 of her nipples. When she walks she just flops to the ground and lays there like she’s exhausted. But today she’s barely touched her food and water… should I be worried? Because she’s been eating enourmous amounts the last 2 weeks.
Sorry I’m a first time fur nan lol just wanting to make sure I’m doing everything necessary for her
30C89231-3EB8-4809-9E3E-A37737B9CF38.jpeg
CD23C8C9-9D0C-4829-85B4-45B7A3C42504.jpeg

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would keep a very close eye on her tonight, I think it is likely she is ready to go into labour soon :)

If she hasn't touched any food or water by this time tomorrow though, it's time for a vet visit.

Please keep us updated, we truly do care

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try and give her something with calcium in it, to help with muscular contractions as well as to make kitty bones and teeth. Kitten milk replacement is probably the best, but other sources can be used. Expectant cats often stop eating just before they give birth, so the temporary lack of appetite isn't an immediate problem. Do keep an eye on her in that regard, though, and consult a vet if it goes on for much longer. She'll still need the calcium supplement after she gives birth, too. Then, she'll be supplying the kittens via her milk. so they can grow their own teeth and bones.

When she's standing, do her sides look a bit smaller and does her belly hang down more when viewed from the side? If so, she's "dropped," which means the kittens are lining up ready for the big event, and it won't be long.