Why Has My Cat Been Acting Up Lately?

Wolfrick_preussen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hallo! Sorry if my English is bad it's not my native language...
So I have a male cat named Erika (I thought he was a girl) and I found him in the front yard of my house thought he looked cute so I use my cat taming skills and made him go into my house. He was a weird ball of fuzz who seems to love fighting with other cats (he grew up in the streets probably) so I had a cat named Link who sadly died while giving birth...I regretted the fact that I just gave up when I knew she would be dead so I try my best with this new cat and the first time he was so smol and kind to humans and socially awkward with girl cats he loved being pet and loved the affection I gave him.

Until one day nothing happened but suddenly he just...changed. When I try to pet him he aggressively meows and becomes pissed off! And suddenly a female cat showed up which my cousin named Mao and Erika seems to enjoy the presence of this female cat...they didn't marry or anything but they seem to enjoy the presence of each other! They head butt each other and other stuffs. This is the first time Erika accepted a female cat before and vice versa! He was caring for her but he now hates me...the change of attitude just gets worse and worse everyday with the using of his claws and teeth please help me I've read many articles but I just don't understand PLEASE i want my old Erika back :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wolfrick_preussen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! I'm sorry my English is bad and I've Googled translated it but I still don't understand what neuter is so.. May I ask what neuter is?

susan denning

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neutering is surgical removal of a male cat's (or other animals) testicles so that they don't produce testosterone or have the ability to get females pregnant.

Wolfrick_preussen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh that sounds...painful btw no I have not neutered my cat as it is not available in my country. Is there a way that I can get my old Erika back?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
14 year old boy human gets in fights and chases girls. Mom asks, "how can I get my 13 year old boy back?"

Answer: you can't.

Same with boy cats, you have to neuter unless you want a variety of bad behaviors and lots of babies running around. Its available if you can find a veternarian.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Your English is very good, by the way. :thumbsup:

I love that your boy cat is named Erika. I guess you can always shorten it to "Eric". ;)

Getting Erika neutered will take away his urge to search for females, and also should make him less territorial around other cats, and less likely to get into fights with other male cats. And it should prevent him from spraying (pee) around his "territory". It will also make his pee smell less stinky.

TCS has some articles with more information.
Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats
When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat?
Spaying And Neutering - What To Ask Before The Surgery
Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery

Wolfrick_preussen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I have bad news and good news
Bad news= the clinic said they didn't do that service anymore
Good news= Erika seems less pissed off today!
But thanks everyone it's good to know that someone cares :)