Why did my cat stop eating dry food?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to update you all on my kitty. I took him to the vet back on January 10th.
I explained to the vet that he stopped eating dry food and only is eating 3 oz of wet food at dinner for the last 8 weeks now.
. She checked his teeth and his weight and everything is normal and fine. The vet said he’s very healthy. The cat has found the amount of food that he’s happy with. She said continue to feed him the 3 oz of wet food. He’s ok. He will be two years old in April.
His brother is the same age but he still wants his 1/8 of a cup of dry in the morning and then he has 3oz of wet at night.
I also think 3oz is alarmingly little food for a male cat his age.. Can you please reconsider offering him another 3oz of wet in the morning? Do you weight him every week to control if he looses weight? I'd be really worried that he doesn't get enough protein and nutrients :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover952000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His weight is 9.3lbs. That’s been his consistent weight. He used to eat 1/8 of a cup of dry in the morning but he has no interest in it at all. I am still offering it to him and I bought the flakes someone suggested to incise him to eat the dry with no luck.He likes the flakes and just eats them. It’s been 2 months now. He’s not begging or seem unhappy at all. He’s totally normal. He’s eating once a day and seems ok but I’m going to give him an additional 2oz. of wet food in the evening adding it to the 3 oz. he’s eating now.
The vet says that he just has regulated what he needs as an adult cat. But based on what you all are saying I will add 2oz more to his evening meal. A total of 5 oz. I use stainless steel bowls that are wide for there faces.