who has the most cats on the forum?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

It happened before 2008, and sadly, it will continue to happen.
The group of 15 I had to deal with was in 2003-2004. Back then the housing market (at least here) was still booming and people voted Bush back in - the economy hadn't completely went in the hole at that point. That's what I was referring to.
As for further back, it was 87-93 until we moved. Of course it will continue to get worse in the future, the same mistakes are being forced to be repeated.

cosabella

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one cat. Two would be ideal. I regret not adopting another kitten to be a friend for Lex when he was adopted. I wonder sometimes if he's lonesome for a playmate. However, 9 years ago, I was a poor student living in a tiny efficiency and a first-time cat owner. Wasn't sure if I can handle 2.

Now that Lex is 9, I think it's best for him to be an only cat. He's entering his senior years and I want to have enough resources (i.e. disposable income) to pay his medical bills should he become ill. There isn't anything I wouldn't do to keep him healthy and well.

I have a friend who has spent a small fortune on vet bills for the past 3 years to keep her 19y/o CRF cat alive.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Two would definitely be our upper limit because of my cat allergy. We have Jamie (full-time indoor) and share Miezi (part-time indoor-outdoor) with a neighbor because she and Jamie don't get along at all. Both are senior cats now and averaging around 6 vet visits a year each, primarily check-ups and dental cleanings.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 2 VERY large Rubbermaid tote bins for our cats which easily equal 10 regular sized litter boxes. They are scooped out at least twice if not 3 times a day.

Surprisingly, cat hair is not a huge issue as none of my cats have a bad shedding problem. I find as long as they're fed a decent quality food, they don't shed so much. We vaccum frequently though and pick up furballs as we see them.

As for love and attention, they NEVER lack that. I make it a point to make sure they each get lovin' every day. Some seek it out more than others which makes it easier as well. Some of my babies are more independant than others. Those who won't seek it out, I seek THEM out for "love time". I mostly work from home, which helps with this.

Financially both Dana and I have fulltime, decent paying jobs. Aside from that I have a savings bond set up specifically for the kitties and their medical care, as well as an RRSP that I can dip in to ONLY if need be. The kitties and their wellbeing will always come first, it's as simple as that. I have never had to go without to provide for the kitties, but I would if it ever came to that.