Who Else's Cats Drink The Christmas Tree Water Lol?!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year we get a small live tree for the cats, we can't decorate it because they either try to eat the ornaments or destroy them lol, but we get a tree FOR THEM and they love hanging around it, they were all outdoor strays so it reminds them of their time outdoors, but several of them insist on drinking the water in the large base of the tree, and that can't be good for them! When I put my hand in there to see how much water is left if I need to water it it feels slimy, and several have thrown up these last few weeks and probably from that, but I'm sure I'm not alone as some of you probably have the same scenario!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There are toxins in that water, they really shouldn’t drink it. For next year you can find a tree stand that is partially covered at the bottom so cats can’t drink from it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
There are toxins in that water, they really shouldn’t drink it. For next year you can find a tree stand that is partially covered at the bottom so cats can’t drink from it.
We'll have to look, thanks! We try to cover it with a tree skirt but you know they move that away easily!