Which song can you just not stand to hear?

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I find every Katy Perry and Lady Gaga song to be super annoying. Also, I love all types of rock music, but I've always hated ACDC. I always get shunned upon when I say this, but I just can't stand hearing their songs because they all sound the same to me. It got worse when I moved to the south... everyone loves them here.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with JazzytheCat---I really don't like most music these days.  I particularly hate rap, r&b, and most country. (I do, however, love Patsy Cline)

There are 2 songs I abhor:  Margaritaville and The Pina Colada Song.  And now I have both of them stuck in my head

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Running up that Hill by Kate Bush. :fireblob: That song has so many parts that remind me of fingernails on a blackboard. 

And "Every Breath You Take" by the Police.  It just creeps me out.
I know!!!  It totally a stalker song!! :para3:
:yeah: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of creepy stalkers when she hears "Every Breath You Take". DH likes Kate Bush, but her voice gets on my nerves. I did like "Don't Give Up" with Peter Gabriel.

I really don't like country, rap or any kind of EDM (electronic dance music, e.g. techno). The latter two are very popular with my students, so I just tune them out during breaks. Some of them find it funny that I'm about the only teacher who never complains when they blare heavy metal in the break room. Give me that over rap, acid house (or whatever it's called) any day. I'm hearing impaired, but that stuff still manages to get on my nerves.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few weeks ago, I would have said Aqualung by Jethro Tull.  We listen to a classic rock station at work and they play it every day.  But I've gotten used to it.  So for me, it's Sultans of Swing.  I like Dire Straits, just not that song.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of that Lazy Song either. There's a few songs I turn the station when it comes on - Firework by Katy Perry, new Lady Gaga songs, most of the rap that goes on (ughh I get stuck listening to it at work because my coworkers only listen to it. Sometimes I'll get one of them to put on the 80s Pandora station which is better than the rap!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love country, and most of the classic, more cerebral rock, like Rush. I adore Toby Keith, Garth Brooks and Montgomery Gentry they always write songs that strike a chord with me. Lee Greenwood too. I've met him (who knew he was SO tiny!!) and he's really cool. I also go for Lady gaga, she's a freak for sure, but I do enjoy her music, especially for running. Britney Spears music is ok, her new song "I wanna go" is great, until it gets played out. I also like Eminem (go figure). 

I cannot listen to any of the screamer stuff, any Dub-step, and that song from the 70's, "Baker Street" for some reason that song makes me want to jam an ice pick in my ears.