Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WholeHearted and Paws & Claws

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still pursuing my cat food cost cutting journey. Went from all Weruva to Weruva / WholeHearted. Then I saw that I could get two months of Paws & Claws from Tractor Supply for $35.11! That definitely caught my attention. :lol: I still want to feed good food which it seems like all 3 seem to be although some more than others.

Boone and Gracie loved Weruva and so far, out of the two WholeHearted flavors they've eaten, they love it too. I might stop by TS and pick up some cans of P&C to test out as this whole thing might be a mute point if they hate it (or should I say if Gracie hates it. Boone eats anything).

In your opinion, which combo is better? Obviously feeding WH and P&C would be the cheapest but I'm not really going for cheapest. Just cheaper than what I was paying feeding all Weruva which I'm pretty sure anything would be cheaper than that. I'm looking to still feed them good food that is healthy or at least mostly healthy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, it depends on the ingredients, especially what is listed as the first three or four. That said, can you do a rotation of the different brands, assuming your cat(s) eats them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, it depends on the ingredients, especially what is listed as the first three or four. That said, can you do a rotation of the different brands, assuming your cat(s) eats them?
I suppose I could try a rotation but I got into that habit when they were kittens and it lead to them pretty much hating everything. It wasn't until I was consistent with feeding the same type all the time that they haven't had any issues eating all the time. I'm not overly concerned about the ingredients.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You confused me, I think, :) since a healthy food is all about the ingredients 👍
Sorry. I looked at the ingredients in all 3 and none worry me enough to not feed them to Boone and Gracie.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got it, thanks 😊
This thread was mainly to get opinions on why not to feed Wholehearted and Paws & Claws. Like anything bad about them that I may not know about. Constant recalls. Constant bad product. Stuff like that. I don't hold much value on product reviews because every cat is different and has different likes and dislikes so people posting that their cats hate it and they will never buy it again falls on deaf ears with me. Give me reasons other than that and I might read on.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Tractor Supply to pick up some Paws & Claws to see if Boone and Gracie would even eat it. They loved it so I think I will go with Wholehearted and Paws & Claws and save myself a whole lot of money.

I just bought more Weruva not too long ago so it will be a while before all they are eating are those two but I will continue to give them some P&C every once in a while just so they become more accustomed to it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The WholeHearted didn't work out but they are really loving the Paws & Claws so I will just stick with Weruva for the AM feeding and Paws & Claws for the PM. Won't save as much money as I would eliminating Weruva all together but I will have to cats that consistently eat which is more important.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turned out the more Boone and Gracie ate the Paws & Claws, the less they like the Weruva. Now that the Weruva is finally gone, it will be 100% Paws and Claws AM and PM. Cat food bill will go from around $150 per month to $40. :cheerleader: