Where we slept last night....Shed Bed

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and BIL gave us the sheets and comforter; there's an electric blanket (on High) under the comforter. We just took our own bed pillows out. For a sofa bed, I will say that it was quite comfortable! And I slept very well. If something came up onto the deck, I didn't hear it; if something triggered the motion-detector light, I didn't see it. I was sleeping all night long. It was so nice to sleep in...I never budged until 8:00 this morning.

That was our first night sleeping in the shed; it won't be the last as it's quite nice out there (even without a bathroom). I want to try it on my own, too.

2020MayShedBed.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! It was a Christmas present from my sister and BIL.

I told Rick that I was going to go out to tear the bed back down and he said, "What? Just one night? NO!" So I think we're going to be sleeping out there tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't think the girls are amused. When I came into the house this morning (a little after 7:00), Molli and Tabby were sitting in the living room window. They saw me coming and I think they were kitty-cussing me out. Opened the front door and Molli was right there. "Where have you been? Oh, I know where you were! You were out in that place! How dare you go out there without me!" I tried to tell her that she doesn't like it out there. "Never you mind! Breakfast is late!! Feed me! NOW!" Went back to the computer room and opened the door. Muffin was right there, flew out of the room and out the hallway, muttering a mile a minute.

I don't think Molli likes me being gone all night. She's a cat and cats thrive on routine. For the first time in years, I broke the routine. Dad goes away. Mom never goes away. Never. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight when I say, "Molli! Bed! Coming?" Usually, she meets me in the bedroom. I don't know what she'll do.

It is nice in the shed. Even Rick thinks the bed's not bad at all. We tilted the tv over toward us and moved it away from the wall a bit. Worked out well. If he has tv, he's happy. I don't think I moved all night. And no cats screaming early in the morning. It's nice to wake up on our own.....even if it is because we have full bladders! :paperbag:

Kat0121 Kat0121 Thanks! I'll tell my sister. I have no idea where she got it. The sheets and pillowcases are "cat", too. She actually bought it for our bed in the house, but we're going to use it in the shed; that way, the cats won't ruin it with their claws.