Where To Find This Cat Toy?

Dandelions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I adopted a kitten a few months ago, she's like 5 months old now. I was given this certain cat toy ball by a friend and my cat absolutely LOVES it. She carries it around, she will fetch it, she bats it all over the place and she always knows where to find it. It is a blue ball with shiny tinsel in it. Sadly, she has now torn the whole thing to shreds. It lasted a long while with just a few strands of tinsel left but now she has completed ripped the puff ball inside. I've looked at several stores and I have no idea where to buy her a new one. Online I can only find them sold wholesale by the case which I might do if I have to. She loves this thing so much, it's the only toy that she will carry around in her mouth and it's her only consistent favorite. I've tried other pompom type balls with the thin strands of tinsel but she won't even touch them. I will try to attach a pick but the toy is Sergeants Crazy Claws Shiny Puffs, comes in a pack of 2 one blue one red. If anyone knows where to find this toy I would greatly appreciate it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found this DIY version which you could modifiy by adding more mylar: Blog – PlanetJune by June Gilbank » Crinkle Ball Cat Toy Tutorial The instructions say to use a candy or chocolate foil wrapper but I'd be concerned about leftover food reisude on the inside of the wrapper which a cat could lick and become ill from. Cellophane might work.

Have you tried plain mylar balls? Pet stores always have those for less than a dollar each.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra. I keep extras of the favorite brand of mousie in my nightstand so that when one gets destroyed I can easily swap it out for a new one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dandelions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help y'all. I might have to try that tutorial. I have given my kitty the plain mylar balls and she just isn't interested lol she's a picky little girl. If I can't find an easier way to get the toys I might just have to order that whole case online.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
The ball you're describing sounds like the ball that's on the end of one of my wand/wire toys.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I found these crinkle balls at either Petco or PetSmart. My guy has a few of them..

Good Luck..