When will kittens come?!?!

Woolfie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys so my cat Nala is coming up to two years old, I went to the states and she and my dog went to my parents house whilst I was away, little did we realise she was coming into heat, my parents have a male and they clearly did the deed as she is now very much pregnant. We aren’t sure how pregnant she is but conception would be early to mid January. From other peoples experience how long do you reckon she has left?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Count 63-68 days from early or mid-January, and you’ll get a rough timetable. That’s how long the average cat pregnancy lasts. Cats begin to “show” around the 5th week.

It’s a shame an intact male and an unspayed female were allowed to mingle and mate. Do you plan to spay after this litter weans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Woolfie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Count 63-68 days from early or mid-January, and you’ll get a rough timetable. That’s how long the average cat pregnancy lasts. Cats begin to “show” around the 5th week.

It’s a shame an intact male and an unspayed female were allowed to mingle and mate. Do you plan to spay after this litter weans?
like I stated it clearly wasn’t planned. The male is now neutered ( was in February) before we even realised she was pregnant. And she will be spayed in may after kittens are weaned. Uncles in my family are registered dog breeders so I know bits a pieces but cat litters are new to me. Just want to ensure I do right by her as she’s my baby. Reckon about 4 kittens and all will be given to family members so really loving homes.

Woolfie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So she has become extremely restless and affectionate, forever wants to lay on her back I’m guessing due to discomfort. She seems to be still getting bigger so now I’m trying to figure out how many kittens there will be or if they are just big!!!

Attachments

Woolfie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So today at 12:30pm contractions started, with 10 mins of pushing out came first baby then the others with 10/15 min intervals. 4 beautiful healthy babies. 1 boy and 3 girls!!! Mama did amazing, maternal instincts kicked in right away and all babies were delivered and feeding within an hour. Now getting some well deserved rest after a good meal!

Attachments