When To Introduce A Newly Neutered Male To My Other Cats

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m after a bit of advice.
I currently own 3 Devon’s, 2 males (2 & 11 months) & a female (3yrs), all have been neutered.
I’m possibly getting another male that is 14 months old, he’s not neutered but his current owner has said she would get him done.
My question is, how long should I leave it after the male has been castrated before I bring him home. I ask as my female does not like entire males.
I do know that even after being done the testosterone in a newly male cat is still present for a certain length of time.
Help would be greatly received

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would give it 8 weeks after the neuter to ensure that there has been a complete physical healing and for all the horomones to have faded. You could do as few as 6 weeks but anything less and there is some risk of lingering horomones.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hormones can remain in the body for 30 days. I wouldn't worry too much about your female, they don't usually get along with ANY male, they tolerate them but not be buddies. A new cat will be a source of fear and upsetting to your cats, so make sure the introductions are slow and easy. It sounds like your female already has had a lot of change lately so be careful, they hate change.Everyone will do fine, especially the males, they will all bond, it will just take time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, both my boys are chilled & laid back & apparently the new boy is too.
I really appreciate your reply