When Should I Expect Kittens?

Beccaboo1999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i wonder if anyone can help me? My cat Millie is very heavily pregnant but we are not sure on when to expect kittens. She sleeps all day and up until yesterday we could see and feel kittens moving. However she is still eating A LOT. On her nipples there seems to be dry skin, i was wondering if this is milk? She just lies on the middle of my bedroom carpet all day, is she close to giving birth?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very close.

Do you have nests set up for her? Do you have kitten supplies?

Can you keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males? Do you plan to spay after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beccaboo1999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a few set up for her in different places but she just lies in the middle of the floor, and yes we only got her a few months ago and was told she was spayed so we let her outside but she has gotten pregnant. How close do you think she actually is? Weeks? Days? Hours? we are all a bit on edge and are waiting for her to give birth. Also is it milk or dry skin on her nipples?

Attachments

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would guess within the next few days, if not today.

Keep in mind that mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery and without going into heat, so she really must stay in until she is fixed.

Beccaboo1999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thank you for your help :) I will update once the kittens are born

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is probably milk on her nipples, but you can put some olive or coconut on them to soothe.

Do you have formula and a small needleless syringe in case you need to supplement kittens? What about a small scale?

Beccaboo1999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have the formula and syringe, we don't have a scale however. Also do all cats stop eating and have discharge before labour? As Millie has neither yet.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may not see the discharge if mom is cleaning herself a lot. Not all cats stop eating.

Can you get a scale? What kind of kmr did you get?

Beccaboo1999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's royal canin and yeah we could buy one. Do you think it may be tonight? And should someone stay in the room with her or should we leave her too it? She's in the bedroom so if it is night time I will obviously be in the room.

Beccaboo1999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*UPDATE*
Millie still hasn't gave birth and I haven't felt or seen the kittens moving all day today. Is this normal? Should I be worried? She has an appointment at the vets but it isn't until Monday? I am worrying so much about her. Please can you advise me on what to do and help put my mind at ease. Thanks