When do you calculate date from?

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cat, usually a house cat, got outside on 13th January, due to my son leaving a door open, and she did come back thank god on 16th so was gone for 4 days. She was clearly in season at that time because I believe she's expecting. I'm trying to guess when she may expect so I can take time off work to keep an eye on her but do I go from first date or last or could it really be any day in between? She also ask white around her nipples do they usually start to leak before she's due or could they just be dry? I've posted a couple of pictures from today. Thank you.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Count from the 13th, so she’s only around 6 weeks if that’s the only time she was out. She’s got another 3 weeks at least as cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days.

Apply coconut oil or bag balm or olive oil to her dry nipples for relief - all non-toxic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes she hasn't been out so ill guess 6 weeks. She's not doing the nesting yet and you can't see any kitten movement so I'd guess that's about right.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've started to see babies move now so 7 weeks is right from when she went out. She's not drinking much water but she will if it is the water from a tuna can and she's on wet food. Should I give her cat milk? She's also not nesting yet, will this happen closer to due date? Thanks

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry can I also ask advice on whether she should be shaved underneath? You can see her nipples but she has got quite long hair?

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think it is optional. minnie got shaved for the ultrasound