When Are The Kitties Coming?

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys! Ive had my little kitty since february, she was 3 months old and she was born in december a few weeks before christmas. She is about 9 months old and for the past month we noticed that her tummy has gotten very big and her nipples are pretty swollen and pink. When i pet her her stomach seems to pulsate and move. Shes such a gentle little girl though, if i touch her stomach she doesnt get mad she just kind of shows me her claws but doesnt bite hard. Anyway, sometimes its seemed like she was ready to give birth but first I want to know if she is even pregnant at all.

Thanks guys i hope you can help me out here :))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you guys could help out and maybe give me an estimate on how far along she is, id really appreciate it! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We were actually going to spay her until we suspected that she was pregnant. The vet we went to said that if she was then they would have to abort the kittens so we held off on that for a while. Once the babies are born we will spay her right away.

I just have one more question: Do you have any ideas how many kittens she will have?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No clue how many kittens. No way to know without an x-ray. Moms are spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom will need to stay 100% inside and away from intact males until she is spayed. Can you do that?

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We always try to keep her inside but the only problem is we have family visiting right now and they just dont care that our cat could get out if theyre not careful. Either way, we’ll do what we can to keep her safe inside.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's your home and you set the rules! It's essential that your cat stay inside where she is safe to deliver. Many cats have the instinct to run off and hide when they give birth. You need to be able to monitor.

Move mom into your bedroom with everything she needs and don't let her out if your family can't be trusted. Don't risk her health.

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We set everything up for her in my room. She should be good now, but my only concern is that she seems to be very frantic, shes purring a lot and meowing at me but she doesnt seem to be looking for anything. Right now shes in the little nest we made for her, and shes pretty calm but when I try to leave she starts meowing again or purring.

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One was just born! Its kind of gray in its head but it has a long horizontal white stripe along its shoulders and arms. Right after I posted the reply the baby started to come out.

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The second one was also just born at about 12:57. Pics coming soon!

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How often would the mama cat get up to eat? Or do we need to bring the food to her.

Thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I fed mom in the nest the first day. After that, her food and water and litter were nearby.

How many kittens are there? Are they nursing well?

loreleikitti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are three kittens, theyre all doing great there seem to be no problems or complications. I set up her litter box and some water right next to her.

Heres a picture:
49266103-C474-4836-890E-B785C336D572.jpeg