What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I became lactose intolerant in my 20's.
I found out I was lactose intolerant when I was in my early 30's.   I generally buy soy "ice cream".  But I do occasionally indulge in regular pralines and cream ice cream.  However, I have to take about 12 extra strength lactaid tablets over the time it take me to eat the ice cream, otherwise I'm in a lot of pain and very sick.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH an ice cream maker in your own home!!!! That would be the end-all of my calorie counting days right now!!! I love, love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Any brand will do. :lol3: I also love Edy's French Silk. :drool:

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pink Bubblegum from Baskin Robbins! :yummy: (It's been my favorite since I was a toddler)

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haagen-Daazs Banana Split! I do love anything chocolate, or mint chocolate too.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
coffee is my favorite flavor ice cream surprisingly because i'm not coffee crazed. i drink real coffee a few times a year! i also like rum raisin and butter pecan and japanese green tea. last summer i discovered a strawberry cheesecake flavor at the supermarket by a popular brand (not sure if i'm allowed to say the name here) but oh wow it's so good. i'll be looking for it again soon. the flavor is 'strawberry cheesecake'

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out I was lactose intolerant when I was in my early 30's.   I generally buy soy "ice cream".  But I do occasionally indulge in regular pralines and cream ice cream.  However, I have to take about 12 extra strength lactaid tablets over the time it take me to eat the ice cream, otherwise I'm in a lot of pain and very sick.
No soy for me! When I first found out I was lactose intolerant, I did a lot of it, like the Silk milk, & making smoothies w/ it, but soy was worse than dairy for me! It bloated me so much, I looked pregnant!!

Working at the natural food co-op, I learned it still has estrogen, just phyto-estrogen (from plants) instead of from animals, so as a woman, that's where it went . It was awful. Once I figured it out & switched to Almond Breeze, problem salved!  (of course a Dr. couldn't figure it out, but I did!)