What’s wrong with my cat?

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, i adopted a stray cat in mid feb , she is now 3 months old ( name is phoebe). When she came come, her stool was like semi solid paste, with very often little solid stool too so I didn’t pay much attention to It. She was very active, eating well, grooming well and had no sign of sickness. I got her vaccinations and recently got her rabies vaccine done. Now before the rabies vaccine, she started having diarrhoea little badly. She would often miss the litter box and it was little watery and quite a few times a day. But 24hours after rabies vaccine , she symptoms worsened, she started vomiting , very very bad diarrhoea ( the watery stool picture) , she stopped playing and got very “sick”. I started taking her to vet the next day, the gave drips, injections and did xray, blood test ( little stuff elevated ) , stool test but everything came normal ( attaching reports). Now after a week of sickness she has again started eating , drinking, playing 80% than last week but her stool is again semi solid ( attaching pictures too ). Now I’m not sure what could be the cause since even vet didn’t tell properly. Her food was dry/wet wiskas kitten food.
Now what do i do more than the meds I’m currently giving her? Does it take 7-10 days to get better?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope it was reaction to the vax. Some get it worse than others.

Goats milk is a nice supplement.
Whiskas wet is ok, whiskas dry hasnt the best reputation. Make sure its label kitten or at least young cats.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What medications are you giving? For the soft stool, have you tried using S. Boulardi? Many, many people find it helpful. I'm guessing they have checked for worms?

I totally agree that the rabies vaccine (and maybe the others as well) may have caused the issues to get worse and should make sure your Vet notates this in her chart that it may be vaccine related before she gets another shot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You could always use any good probiotic. S boulardii is wellknown but there are others too. Even unflavored kefir or yoghurt should do.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your Vet may have run those tests just to rule out other things, aside from the vaccine. And it could still be something else, but it could also be the vaccines that made it worse.

Here are a couple more threads about kittens with diarrhea that you might find useful: