What's with all the rude forums? (also a cat story)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Incidentally, the crazy people who have thousands of posts on forum sites in less than a year are usually people with no social skills and limited real-life responsibilities, i.e. the people you would never put in charge of anybody else if you knew them in real life.
Hey! I'm one of those crazy people. :lol3: I resent that. ;)
:yeah: Me too!!!

Last edited:

turtlesnewmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to share this story. After Cheryl died i wanted to let everyone at the forum she belonged to to know about it.However, I COULDN'T for the life of me remember which one it was. I googled 'cat forums" and found one that seemed familiar. IT WASN'T THE RIGHT FORUM.

Like a fool i spilled my guts about everything and the members were ATROCIOUS to me. "Why wasn't I at her side when she died?" "What was she doing with a cat anyway, being as sick as she was?" "Why didn't she make proper arrangements?" etc. etc..

It made me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I came so so so close to giving up and not trying to find you guys after that ordeal. I was DEVASTATED. But I knew in my heart I had to find this place. For Cheryl and for Turtle. There is no way in heaven or hell that I will EVER do that again.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I belong to several forums, dog, cat, horse, DIY home projects etc.  I find it really odd when someone that has been on a forum for a long time, like the guy you described, go off the deep end like that but I've seen it happen time and time again on some of the forums.  It's like they're territorial or something.  I don't get it either Minka and actually, don't care much anymore.  I use the rude forums for information when I need it and I'll participate in the forums I feel comfortable with.  As far as I'm concerned, they lost a good contributor in you.  Their loss Minka.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to share this story. After Cheryl died i wanted to let everyone at the forum she belonged to to know about it.However, I COULDN'T for the life of me remember which one it was. I googled 'cat forums" and found one that seemed familiar. IT WASN'T THE RIGHT FORUM.
Like a fool i spilled my guts about everything and the members were ATROCIOUS to me. "Why wasn't I at her side when she died?" "What was she doing with a cat anyway, being as sick as she was?" "Why didn't she make proper arrangements?" etc. etc..
I came so so so close to giving up and not trying to find you guys after that ordeal. I was DEVASTATED. But I knew in my heart I had to find this place. For Cheryl and for Turtle. There is no way in heaven or hell that I will EVER do that again.
I am so glad you never gave up. I was so so grateful and thankful when you first posted letting us know about Cheryl :angel: and that you had taken Turtle. Many of us here loved Cheryl very much and Turtle too. It's an indication of what kind of person you are, that you persevered until you found us here especially after you had such a rotten experience. :heart3: :heart3:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yea, but to ban someone for asking about it? That seems rediculous.
Yeah that is ridiculous!

I belong to several forums, dog, cat, horse, DIY home projects etc.  I find it really odd when someone that has been on a forum for a long time, like the guy you described, go off the deep end like that but I've seen it happen time and time again on some of the forums.  It's like they're territorial or something.  I don't get it either Minka and actually, don't care much anymore.  I use the rude forums for information when I need it and I'll participate in the forums I feel comfortable with.  As far as I'm concerned, they lost a good contributor in you.  Their loss Minka.
My DH only uses car forums for the information there, he would never participate much on one because of all the rudeness. People seem to just want to start random arguments for the sake of it. Personally, I think certain subjects are going to be more "testosteroney" than others therefore that behaviour isn't too surprising I suppose...

I am so glad you never gave up. I was so so grateful and thankful when you first posted letting us know about Cheryl :angel: and that you had taken Turtle. Many of us here loved Cheryl very much and Turtle too. It's an indication of what kind of person you are, that you persevered until you found us here especially after you had such a rotten experience. :heart3: :heart3:
I'm glad you managed to find TCS too! People do care and wonder about other members, so it was really nice to find out that Turtle was being looked after so well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea about any of this. It must have happened during one of my absences. I went and searched for what you were talking about. I cried so so much. Bless you for taking in Turtle... :rbheart::rbheart::rbheart: