What’s this on my cat’s paw?

Teddy2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My cat came home with a lump on his paw pad which is red & swollen.
Since then I’ve kept him inside and done my best to clean the wound.
He’s well within himself. He doesn’t have a fever, or loss of appetite. He just misses going outside.
I’ve tried to get a vets Appointment but until then, would anyone know how to diagnose this?
Thank you!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! That doesn't look good, possibly infected and must be painful for your cat. If you can't get a vet appointment can you take him to a veterinary emergency clinic? He needs medical treatment.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
It almos looks like a screw or nail got stuck in there.. how did it happen? Clean any worksops or garages and keep the doors closed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Teddy2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
This was noticed 2 days ago & he does have a vets appointment.
In terms of how he’s feeling, he’s not showing any out of character traits. He’s eating normally & playing with toys he can’t find around the house.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
This was noticed 2 days ago & he does have a vets appointment.
In terms of how he’s feeling, he’s not showing any out of character traits. He’s eating normally & playing with toys he can’t find around the house.
Is he licking at his paw?
Is he putting full pressure down when he walks?
Does his paw feel warm?
Is there any discharge?
What day is his appointment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Teddy2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  • He is licking his paw
  • He is able to put full pressure down when he walks but does lift again when he’s stopped. When lying down he does extend his legs but he has done this before.
  • His paw doesn’t feel warm when touched and he is happy for his paw to be looked at
  • No discharge
  • Tuesday 29th

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • He is licking his paw
  • He is able to put full pressure down when he walks but does lift again when he’s stopped. When lying down he does extend his legs but he has done this before.
  • His paw doesn’t feel warm when touched and he is happy for his paw to be looked at
  • No discharge
  • Tuesday 29th
Do you have a cone to put on him to keep him from licking it?
With him favoring his paw when he is standing says he is in pain.. if you can would you be able to call the vet daily to see if they have any cancelations for the day.. then maybe you could get in sooner.

No discharge and his paw not being warm to the touch is good. But that can change quick.. it can go from am open wound to infected super quick especially if he is licking it or getting litter all over it.. I'd call the vet and see if you should wrap it with gauze and coban (however you spell it) loosely just to be sure he doesn't get debri in it