What's one question...

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much do you weigh. :cringe:
Okay if someone ever asked me that.. my response would knock them onto their butt. :angryfire:

My least favorite

"What do you do for a living?"

Mostly because I can't answer it without trying to expalin. I'm in every department in the company. My response if often "Whatever my boss asks me to do."

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
”But don’t you want babies?” was the most idiotic version of ”why aren’t you married/why don’t you have children”, asked by a prize fool when she knew I was single. All the more ridiculous since I was 47 at the time.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
”But don’t you want babies?” was the most idiotic version of ”why aren’t you married/why don’t you have children”, asked by a prize fool when she knew I was single. All the more ridiculous since I was 47 at the time.
Yup! Same here...I'm tired of people asking about kids. It's fine if when meeting someone new that they ask if/how many kids I have...but when I say None...STOP there!!!! It's none of your :censored: business why I don't have them. I don't need to be told I "still have time"...Which IMO...I don't. And quite frankly, I've always felt weird when people would ask if we're "trying"...like I just want to answer..."yes good sir/mam...we fornicate all the if you must know!" :rolleyes3:
Anyway....it just bugs me...

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh I have too many that I hate being asked! I'll just sum it up, otherwise it makes for a long post of all the Q's I get asked.

I get a lot of annoying or stereotypical questions for being....

- 100% childfree and never wanting kids (Glad I'm not alone in this forum!)
- A ballerina (*Not only stereotypical questions, but also a lot of sexual ones from men because I am very flexible)
- A solo female traveler

I have my respective rebuttals and answers of course :lol: But man, it is 2023, a girl who is only minding her own business really can't catch a break with the ridiculous, archaic and rude questions....holy guacamole it is bad.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't really a question in the way you are thinking, but "can't you take a joke?" really triggers something in me. Gotta love growing up with emotionally immature parents.

When I was a kid, I was selectively mute, so I absolutely hated the questions, "why don't you talk?" and "are you shy?" Like, really? You really think I'll tell you when I haven't talked in school for 7 years?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you get your protein? Since I'm vegetarian I get asked this a lot and I just want to answer, look it up!!!
I get asked stupid questions because I'm vegetarian. They ask about the protein, they ask what do
I eat for Thanksgiving if I don't eat meat and this just happened yesterday. Everytime I'm at a restaurant and someone ask what am I'm going to get I make the mistake of telling them I'm vegetarian. Right away they grab a menu and they start telling me what I can get. It males my blood boil. Do they think I'm so stupid that I can't read a menu?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose asking if I have any children. I often say that I have two " Kitty Kids ".

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have big plans for the weekend?

As far as kids, we don't have them, and not one person has ever asked me why. I think that's an unbelievably rude question to ask someone.