Whats on my cats nose? A wart?

Youngkody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure if I should take him to the vet or not. Please help! Thanks!

1000000565.jpg
1000000564.jpg
1000000560.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is not normal, but growths are common on cats, especially as they age. Is it soft and moveable, (good) or hard and nonmovable. if it is hard then it should be looked at by your vet. Especially if it is growing or evolving quickly. most growths on cats are benign, so don't panic, but just have your vet take a look at it when you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youngkody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it is not normal, but growths are common on cats, especially as they age. Is it soft and moveable, (good) or hard and nonmovable. if it is hard then it should be looked at by your vet. Especially if it is growing or evolving quickly. most growths on cats are benign, so don't panic, but just have your vet take a look at it when you can.
Thanks yeah he is going on 9 years. I assumed it was something only on his skin.. it's been a bunch of months now and it hasn't grown.. I'll take him to the vet soon. Do you think there's an option to remove it that's safe for my cat? Or better of just leaving it?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your vet will tell you. If he’s had it a while and it isn’t a rapid grower, they might leave it. It’s small enough to be removed quickly too.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would get that looked at sooner than later. Due to the location, it would already be difficult to close the skin if surgically removed. If it gets larger it might not be able to be closed. Any tumor on a cat you should have looked at right away and removed.

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Speak with your vet and get a biopsy/sample of the cells taken. My boy had a similar looking growth a few years back, further down more in his whisker area. Biopsy of it showed cells that indicated it could possibly be cancerous so I opted to have it removed and get him a dental done at the same time. Turns out it was probably just a wart, but it’s better safe than sorry.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take him to the vet soon. Do you think there's an option to remove it that's safe for my cat? Or better of just leaving it?
If you are planning to take him to the vet, soon, just point it out then. While I don't think it's anything serious, it still should be looked at the next time he goes to the vet.

Yes, you can get it removed whether it's cancerous or not. It might leave a scar, however.

If it's not growing and isn't cancerous or otherwise harmful, you've got a Hobson's Choice. If you leave it alone, your cat will have a bump on his nose. If you have it removed, the cat will have a scar on his nose. Which would you rather have?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It can be more than that. Sometimes these little bumps can be fine for a while and then turn cancerous.