What's going on with my adult Siamese cat's face?

Alicia619

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. I've been noticing some changes with my cats face and ears. She isn't losing fur but it's changing colors. I got a vets opinion and all they said was to continue to monitor it. These changes happen within 1-2 months. Any idea what it can be? Also, I usually take her to the groomers once a month. I stopped taking her 2 months ago because she hates it so much. She started pooping on her groomer so I stopped taking her. Might it be from not getting groomed? She is a single indoor cat.

quicksquarenew_202011223217667.jpg

20201102_232408.jpg

Her ear cleared up pretty well. But this was the worst of it. It no longer looks as bad.
20201005_140942.jpg

Her ear currently
1604419599936827806654625001589.jpg

Thanks guys! Any advice would help!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed this is your first post so welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Since you mentioned taking her to the groomer once a month do you think she might be allergic to something they used, e.g. shampoo? Or maybe taking her that often dried out her coat? :dunno: Without knowing her age, diet, environment, any other health issues, etc. I'm just guessing from the info. you told us. You can always consult with a veterinary dermatologist or ask your regular vet to do that if her condition doesn't improve.

I also thought this Article about skin conditions in cats might have some helpful information for you:
Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Best of luck and please keep us posted on her progress.:alright:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colorpoint cats change color with the seasons. She might just be getting her lighter winter coat.

Are you sure the spot on her ear is a color change though? It looks like a bare spot to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alicia619

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you 😀 Sorry about the lack of info! I've been taking her to the groomers every month for about a year. This would have been her only break 2 months ago. She usually looks shiny and healthy. But since not going, her fur is changing. She is a 6 year old Seal Point, a bit over weight (11 lbs) very active, up to date with shots. We did recently (3-4 months ago) change her diet from purina naturals dry food to sheba cuts in gravy and science diet dry food adult (without corn) because of her weight as directed from her vet. She isn't showing any signs of sickness. Just her fur changing. We do live in a very warm climate (Arizona) but the house the usually air-conditioned around 79 degrees Fahrenheit.

Alicia619

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Colorpoint cats change color with the seasons. She might just be getting her lighter winter coat.

Are you sure the spot on her ear is a color change though? It looks like a bare spot to me.
Sorry. The spot on her ear was in fact a bald patch which has grown back. We checked for earmites using a black light. Didn't see anything. That area has grown back.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry about the lack of info!
No problem, sometimes it's easier to help answer a question when we have some additional info. It sounds like your girl is well cared for and has found a very loving home. :lovecat3: For now I would tend to agree with your vet and monitor any new symptoms or changes. BTW, what's her name?

Alicia619

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! Her name is Duchess but she prefers to be called Kit! Haha! ❤