What Would Be Best For My Cat?

Alli_KittyLover

My Companion My Friend My Cat❤️
Kitten
Purraise
(Sorry if this isn't the right thread)
I've had Mr Cat a Year now, Hes everything to me, and due to unforeseen circumstances I have to move back with my family and they do not not like Cats and wont let me have him there. I am absolutely Broken Hearted and dont know what to do. Should I try and take him and possibly put him into a bad situation or find a good home for him? I dont know what would be best for him.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
You love your cat and I assume that your family loves you. I would also assume your family doesn't want to hurt you. Just tell them how much the cat means to you and that you would appreciate it very much that they accept your cat. I am sure your family doesn't want to break your heart and force you to give up something you love.

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think you should have a talk with your family about how much your cat means to you and how much stress and heartbreak this will cause the cat (and you). The worst thing for animals is to be abandoned by their human that they trust and they don't understand why. :frown: Good luck to you and kitty!

athenaloi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wonder if finding out the actual reason they are refusing the cat in the house may help (e.g. noise, potential damage, smell) -- and also, depending on the answer and the circumstances, maybe you could begin by having the cat restricted to your room?

I hope you are able to keep your cat with you at the end, I understand how heartbreaking it could be otherwise.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Will you have your own room? Your cat could stay there, with a cat tree, scratchers, toys...I assume this will be temporary?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alli_KittyLover

My Companion My Friend My Cat❤️
Kitten
Purraise
I have a unique situation I'm going into, my sis and mother are divorced so they're living together and they take care of My sisters children. They are also in the middle of moving to a diff state and I'd hate to put him through that. And my sister claims to be allergic and my mother just doesnt like animals at all. She said theyd get rid of him or put him outside. I know Him and I would be heartbroken, but atleast he wouldn't have to go through all that and possibly have to leave me anyways.