• 9 Non-pedigree, short/medium hair

• 10 Will pick on the spot what appeals to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can have something legally written up about what you want done for your cats if they out live you both (which of course will not happen). :) Depending on where you are, there are some great places that accept such cats, and take very good care of them.
Having no next of kin, I've considered doing something like this as well as having some sort of a trust fund set up for their care. I actually knew a lady who did this, and her animals were cared for for the rest of their natural lives when she passed away. Margot Lane Margot Lane it's an excellent suggestion :)
I don't consider 40 "old", but, you just never know. Things happen all the time and no matter what age we are, it's a good idea to be prepared!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Having no next of kin, I've considered doing something like this as well as having some sort of a trust fund set up for their care. I actually knew a lady who did this, and her animals were cared for for the rest of their natural lives when she passed away. Margot Lane Margot Lane it's an excellent suggestion :)
I don't consider 40 "old", but, you just never know. Things happen all the time and no matter what age we are, it's a good idea to be prepared!
So pleased you are thinking this way. ❤ ❤ My siblings are much older than I am so I loudly said: “Yes! I am willing to deal w any end of life issues EXCEPT you must all have plans for your cats!! I’ll be too old then and there aren’t any vets here anyway.” They humbly agreed & now have peace of mind, as do the cats.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My first cat was a kitten I got from a friend whose cat had kittens but all the rest over the years have shown up at my home except for my mom's 2 adult cats I took in when she went to assisted living.