What will be on your plate at tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I celebrated two Thanksgiving's this year! One with my sister Monica and my family, and the other with Jack and his family at his aunt's house. It was a really great day!
We also did a birthday cake at my sister's house and sang happy birthday to everyone who has a birthday this month.....that's about 7 people in my family and my boyfriend Jack!
November is a popular birthday month!

Between the two Thanksgiving's, we had :Turkey, dressing, potato casserrol, my pumpkin fluff dip & gingersnaps, potato salad, broccli chedder casserrol, mac & cheese, spiced brown rice, sweey potato casserrol,cranberry sauce, rolls, my aunt's pineapple cake, apple crisp, pumpkin pie, ham/cream cheese dip...and no Southern feast is complete without sweet tea!

That's just some of the items I remember....there was a ton more food between both homes!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It was just DH & I, but the smallest free turkey I could get was over 18lbs.!

Roast turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, creamed pearl onions, sage stuffing, mashed potatoes (I grew the potatoes!), broccoli, crescent rolls. homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Sadly, we didn't really enjoy it--we were both sick. The cats, however...
I always shred up the leftover turkey (I hate it), mix it with gravy, then freeze it in batches for the cats. And the foster kittens had their 1st taste of turkey--and LOVED it!