What to feed my cat

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have 6 cats and most of them are rescues. One of the oldest ones, "my very first rescue", well she has gained a lot of wait in the last year and a half, she isn’t sick tho. It all started last year, after she had, kittens she was very young when she got pregnant and was very skinny, after she had kittens she was still very skinny, but About 6 months after having her kittens she started eating a lot, we tried controlling her amount of food but somehow she still managed to gain a lot of weight. I searched on the internet how to make a cat lose weight and I tried a bunch of different things, and she lost a few pounds, but one thing I didn’t try was a food diet, so I’m just curious if anyone can post me a good healthy diet, that can help my cat so I can control her weight. 😉

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
but one thing I didn’t try was a food diet, so I’m just curious if anyone can post me a good healthy diet, that can help my cat so I can control her weight.
Feeding wet food is a good way to control the cat's weight as wet food is full of proteins and minerals and keep cats hydrated. Free feeding of dry food has a high chance of them putting on weight as dry food is full of carbohydrates and you have to get your cat to drink water as cats have a low thirst drive which may lead to constipation and UTI.

Also get your cat active by playing with them often and with the exercise, they can shed some weight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feeding wet food is a good way to control the cat's weight as wet food is full of proteins and minerals and keep cats hydrated. Free feeding of dry food has a high chance of them putting on weight as dry food is full of carbohydrates and you have to get your cat to drink water as cats have a low thirst drive which may lead to constipation and UTI.

Also get your cat active by playing with them often and with the exercise, they can shed some weight.
Thank you so much, I did try playing with her and got her pin a habit of about 3 times a day I play with her. She did lose a little wait but I will try using the wet food thank you, and God bless

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
they make a weight control for indoor cats by iams , its a dry cat food
Ok I’ll take all these into consideration, thanks y’all I really appreciate your help 😃